A couple of my children are taking a class about Presidential elections. I love reading, I love science, I can teach, facilitate, and explore many things well with my children but I'm not at all political. Helping Hayley with her presidential homework (apparently meant for grades 4-6) just might be the end of me!
I'm going to have nightmares about amendments, representatives and presidents.
2 comments:
I am downright obsessed with government and politics! What curriculum are they using? I'm supposed to teach a 6 week class about elections at our co-op next year...
My older girl, in the grades 4-6 class is using mostly teacher created materials and Harcourt publishing. In my sons 1st-3rd class it looks like a mix of enchanted learning.com. Gallopade, Teacher Created Materials and Harcourt. So guess the teachers of the classes made up their own units.
Sorry I couldn't give you an easy one stop answer. Today they voted on cookies, the older classes baked cookies and brought them in, the younger class voted on cookies the teacher brought in. First they had to decide which look best, which recipe and ingredients sounded best etc, then they could taste them to see if the one which looked best actually tasted best. It's a fun class so far for the kids. Plus their Mom (me!) is learning a lot too!
Post a Comment